- Bank Supervision
- Business & Operations
Experienced Examiners, Business, and Legal Professionals: Application Process
Visit the application resources page for helpful tips on submitting your application and developing a federal resume.
Step 1: Carefully Review the Entire Job Announcement
The announcement on USAJOBS.gov will provide a description, the required qualifications, and evaluation process for the position. It will also provide unique directions for each position.
Step 2: Create or Upload a Resume with USAJOBS
Your resume will be used to corroborate your responses to the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities section of the job announcement. Please visit the application resources page for tips on how to prepare a successful federal resume.
Step 3: Start Online Application
Click the "Apply Online" link in the job announcement and select the resume and additional documents you wish to submit with your application.
You will be redirected to the Department of the Treasury's CareerConnector website to complete the application process.
Step 4: Answer the Online Questions
If this is your first time on Treasury's CareerConnector website, you will be prompted to create an “Applicant Profile” by providing personal information, military service and veterans’ preference data.
Click "Apply to this Vacancy." You will be prompted to answer questions related to:
- Your eligibility for federal employment
- Series, grade, and location preferences
- Vacancy specific questions
- Demographic information
Step 5: Submit Documents
You must submit applicable documents (e.g., transcripts, veterans' preference documents, etc.) via upload from your computer, USAJOBS, or fax by the closing date.
Once you finish answering the questions in the job announcement, you will be prompted to upload your document(s) to your application. You may do so in one of two ways:
- Upload the document(s) as part of the application process
- Upload the document (s) to an existing application
- Log into your USAJOBS account profile
- Click “Application Status" to display a list of vacancies
- Select the vacancy link and click "Update Application"
- Move through your existing application to the Documents page
- Select the appropriate action to add a document to your application
- Review your completed application for confirmation that the document uploaded successfully
Fax: Print a fax cover sheet in CareerConnector by following the “Fax Instructions.” The fax number will be provided on the cover sheet.
Step 6: Review and Confirm Your Submission
Once you have answered all questions, click the "Next" button to continue to the Application Review page to review your information and make any necessary changes. Click the "SUBMIT APPLICATION" button at the bottom of the page to complete the application process. CareerConnector will automatically display a message confirming your application was submitted successfully.