OCC Ethics Guidance for New Hires
Welcome to the OCC! You are joining a great organization, and we look forward to welcoming you as a colleague. As an OCC employee, you will be expected to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and to complete certain ethics requirements within your first weeks on the job. These new hire ethics requirements include the following:
- If the vacancy announcement for your position included a financial disclosure notice, you must submit a financial disclosure report within your first weeks on the job and on annual basis thereafter. (Most employees, including all examiners and all attorneys, are required to file a financial disclosure report.) Please review the OCC financial disclosure form (PDF) to identify the information you must collect now to be able to submit this form during your first week at the OCC.
- After you join the OCC, you must complete an online ethics orientation module, which is available in the Integrated Talent Management (ITM). You will receive a ITM password once you are on board.
Below are resources to help you become familiar with the ethics standards that will apply to you once you join the OCC. If you have any questions about these ethics standards and how they apply to you, please contact an OCC ethics official by emailing HQEthics@occ.treas.gov and include “New Hire Ethics Question” in the subject line of your email.
- OCC Ethics Rules - A Plain English Guide
- Standards of Ethical Conduct (OGE)
- Department of the Treasury Employee Rules of Conduct
- Department of the Treasury Supplemental Standards
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Supplemental Standards
- Compilation of Federal Ethics Laws
- Loans and Gifts to Examiners