The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) Economics Department offers unique opportunities for economists, mathematicians, financial analysts, and research analysts.
About the Economics Department
The Economics Department delivers economic and quantitative analysis to policymakers and bank supervisors. The Economics Department supports on-site and off-site supervision of banks, provides current economic analysis, supports policy development, and conducts original research to support the OCC mission.
Examples of activities performed in the Economics Department include:
- Examination of banks’ uses of models
- Fair lending screens and fair lending exams
- Examiner training and industry outreach
- Research on current and emerging issues in banking, finance, and economics
- International and interagency working groups
- Analysis and briefings focused on assessment of risks in the aggregate, both domestic and international
- Interagency policy development and coordination
- Economic impact analyses
The OCC's Economics Department offers a range of internships, providing students with opportunities tailored to their professional development and educational needs.