Analytical Reasoning Test for Entry-Level Bank Examiner Candidates
The following sample questions are provided to familiarize entry-level applicants with the types of questions on the analytical reasoning test.
- The City of Sandhill sold 500 tax-free municipal bonds at $1,000.00 each. If one-half of the total amount generated was used to make repairs to City Hall, how much remains from the sale of the bonds?
- None of the above
- All states impose a ceiling on the total amount of unemployment insurance benefits any claimant may receive during a benefit year. This ceiling is most commonly expressed as 26 times the weekly benefit amount.
The paragraph best supports the statement that
- Claimants who qualify for benefits are entitled to the maximum duration.
- All states utilize the same method to calculate the benefit ceiling.
- Only one claim may be filed per benefit year.
- In every state, there is a yearly limit on the benefits that a claimant can receive.
- The benefit year used for unemployment insurance calculations is based upon the calendar year.
- These questions measure the ability to form conclusions on the basis of information given. Look at the sample problem below. First, read the premises that are given; then, look at the conclusion. Assume that the premises are true and decide whether the conclusion is:
- Necessarily true.
- Probably, but not necessarily, true.
- Indeterminable, cannot be determined.
- Probably, but not necessarily, false.
- Necessarily false.
Select the best answer and mark the appropriate space below.
Premises: If Mr. Brown receives his supervisor’s approval, the new work schedule goes into effect immediately. The new schedule calls for Ms. Oliver’s work hours to be 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Ms. Oliver’s workday begins at 8:00 a.m.
Conclusion: Mr. Brown has not yet obtained his supervisor’s approval.
Analytical Reasoning Test
|Question #||Correct Answer|